Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mid January Three Day Weekend

Thought I would take a few minutes and update how my year is going. I have pretty much kept up with Collect and Project Life. My kids say that I have become their Auntie Lilian by taking pictures of everything, but once I told them I was trying to document our daily lives, they lightened up and allow me to take "odd" pictures. My son has even joined in and asked me to take pictures of his favorite things. I find that I spend most of my day at work, but never think to take a picture until I get home. I did get two pictures at work last week, but should have many more.

I find that I look at things differently now and see opportunities to take pictures of things that I would have never thought to take a picture of before. We went to the Columbus Museum of Art today to look at a LEGO exhibit and I was looking at a picture of details in one of the exhibits and saw a picture of a chocolate doughnut with Christmas sprinkles. I thought to myself that the next time my kids get a vanilla dip doughnut from Tim Horton's, I need to take a picture of it as part of our family history.

My husband and I started walking in the morning again. We have been doing 3 laps around our neighborhood, almost 2 miles. I am trying to stay active for a 5k in mid-February and also to start training for the quarter marathon in May. I plan to train wih NoBo again as I enjoy the company and don't really want to join a gym.

Hoping to keep the New Year's Resolutions that I have made...
Lead a Healthy Life by eating better and exercise
Document our Family History through Project Life

No comments: