Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Veil of Roses by Laura Fitzgerald

Although I have not kept up on reporting on the books that I have read, I believe that this is one worth talking about. I enjoyed this book because although it is a work of fiction, it gives some insight into the oppression that women feel in Iran. The main character, Tami, comes to the US and has three months to find a husband or face losing the freedom that she has just gained. It is amazing to see through her eyes the freedoms that we take for granted that are not freedoms everywhere such as the freedom for kids to play outside. I think of my children, and how blessed they are to be able to play outside and have the ability to be kids until they grow up and choose not to play outside. Read the book! Times may be hard, but we take a great deal for granted, and we need to be thankful for the freedoms that we have.

No comments: