Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Couponing

This past summer I started couponing. I collected coupons in the past, but never really used them because I would misplace them or they would expire before I got to them. I asked one of my friend's how she couponed and she said with an index card box with tabs for aisles in the grocery store. My neighbor told me that she used a binder with baseball card sleeves. I tried the index card system first, then researched the baseball card sleeve system online and decided that it was the better system for me. I already owned a zipper binder so I only needed the baseball card sleeves, some plastic pockets, and some plastic pocket dividers. I now keep all my coupons in one place now. I usually keep my binder in the car except when I need to file my coupons or plan my grocery list. Then, I bring the binder into the house. I also take my binder into the grocery store and Target just in case there is a coupon that I may need once I get in the store. I have found that by just using coupons minimally I can save $ about $20.00 per shopping trip, which is good for me because I do not have a great deal of time to devote to couponing.

No comments: