Friday, January 20, 2012

I Had to Leave for a Few Days

As we go through the mundane of winter and the end of the quarter grind, I had to take a break from blogging daily.  It has been such a busy week, and one night, we decided to have family night and watch Dolphin Tale.  After the movie was over and the kids were put to bed, I didn't have it in me to blog.  None of my experiences of the day were speaking to me.  Sharing a computer is difficult also.  I can blog from the tablet or the iPod touch, but I like the feel of keys under my fingers.  I also like to see what I am writing and feel that I can go back and edit without messing up the whole post.

Although the reading testing is done, the math is not.  Report card weeks find me running here and there.  Do I plan for class and teach or assess and do grades?  I did get some assessment/report card comp time from the principal.  The first day I entered all my grades on the report cards.  Today, I started on the comments and did some planning for next week.  I am on a quest to write better comments on my report cards and was given a hand by a colleague who let me borrow her Timesavers for Teachers Book 2.  I love the examples of comments that it gives, but it is taking me longer as I search for the words that express what I want to say.  I wish that I could have kept on task and finished my math testing also, but there is always next week.  The problem is that the longer I take, the more out of routine my class gets.  I am ready to change some of the routines in my classroom again and need to set higher expectations for my students to get the best work out of them.  At the end of the month I have a student teacher coming.  I enjoyed having a student teacher for the first time in the fall and hope that this experience will be just as enjoyable.

No comments: