Monday, January 9, 2012

Mirror Frame Tutorial

We have lived in our house for 11 years, and I have not changed very much in the house nor decorated that much.  I have gotten to the point that I want to start to make my house look better and have some sense of what I want to do.  Most of the interior of the house has been repainted except for the bathrooms, the small hallway that connects the bedrooms, and the master bedroom.

I now have a real itch to paint the bathrooms and apply the mirror frame tutorial from Impatiently Praying for Patience to the mirror in the bathrooms.  It looks really cool even though it may not be easy.  I was wondering at first if I would be able to do it because the mirror in the master bathroom is so close to the wall, but then I realized that the frame is actually applied to the mirror.  I would not mind a smaller mirror with a bolder impact.  We actually already own a miter box, and I know how to use it from when we finished the basement.  I don't want to spend a great deal of money or put up with taking the old mirror down, looking for a whole new mirror that would fit the space, fixing the holes in the wall, etc.  So, adding to the old mirror sounds like a wonderful solution!

No comments: