Thursday, November 6, 2014

Do you consider yourself a "professional" blogger? Why or why not? What does that mean to you?

No, I definitely do not consider myself a professional blogger. I can't even keep up with NaBloPoMo this year. I already missed posting yesterday! Only five days in and it slipped my mind. Actually, I was doing other computer work and it made me sleepy so I just went to bed after I was done. Although I have missed blogging and writing just for the heck of it, the fact that I have not blogged since last November is a telling story about my life as a professional blogger. I would have lost all my followers and income from my blog by now if I were a profesional blogger. I write for the pleasure of writing. Mostly, I write to document my life, tell a story about what is happening or what is bothering me. One day, I may go back and read it and remember those stories and memories. It may be part of an autobiography I may write someday or just something to leave behind for future generations as my legacy to them.

I consider a professional blogger to be someone who is witty and has a lot to say. They have studied the nuances of blogging and know how best to keep their audiences entertained or informed. Some may make money off of their blogs, and whether that was their intent when they started, I do not know. I would have liked to think that my writing was inspired enough to keep others interested and informed, but I know that I lack the consistency to be a professional blogger. I would say that my blogging is a hobby that I dibble dabble in every once in a while, just like all of the other hobbies I have.

No comments: