Sunday, November 9, 2014

Forest Animal

My daughter came home with a sheet about the third grade musical "The Old Gingerbread House". She is in the chorus as a forest animal. Parents were asked to provide costumes for their child. Some ideas/choices were: birds, squirrels, bears, deer, skunks, rabbits, raccoons, mice, turtles, fox or bugs. The teacher suggested to start out with sweats and build a costume from there. Brown sweats and antlers could be a deer. I suggested the deer or rabbit because I know we own both antlers and rabbit ears. My daughter decided that she wanted to be a turtle. I told her that was fine, but that I was not buying her a shell. She had to use her turtle backpack from last year, her Raphael shell from last Halloween or her Donatello shell from this year's Halloween costume. Thanks to Walmart and her backpack from last year, this is what we came up with.


No comments: