Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Book Fair & Giving Life Purpose

Both of my children wanted money for the book fair at school today. I told them that they had only $12.00 to spend this time. My daughter chose a Question of the Day Diary, which I think that she will enjoy. My son has always liked non-fiction and chose "The President Has Been Shot!": The Assassination of John F. Kennedy by James L. Swanson. Just reading the title from his wish list, I thought that the book would be about Abraham Lincoln so I was pleasantly surprised that it was not.

I picked up the book and started reading The Beginnings and then flipped to the back of the book and read the Epilogue. The words that spoke to me today are, "He believed," Jacqueline Kennedy said, "that one man can make a difference-- and that every man should try." (p. 210) I believe that I try everyday, some I will reach and make a difference; others may be for someone else to reach on another day. I know that I won't reach them all, but to brighten the future of some is worth it.

No comments: