Saturday, November 23, 2013

Buckeyes

I decided to make buckeyes this year for Thanksgiving. Normally, I try to make them for Christmas, but in all the hustle and bustle, I usually don't get to them. Ironically, I don't eat them. I don't like/cannot eat peanut butter; it makes my mouth itch. But, years ago, I found a recipe and tried it and everyone loves it.

As I was putting the first cup of peanut butter in the mixer, I remembered that one of the guests at Thanksgiving dinner is allergic to peanuts. I thought about not bringing them, but, then, what am I going to take? So, I think that I will take them and not uncover and label them well, peanuts!

In a new tradition my duaghter helped put the chocolate on the buckeyes so most of them do not have  the amount of chocolate on them that I would like, but, I did not want to get her too discouraged. The ones that we couldn't get out of the chocolate with the toothpick, we just covered with the extra chocolate.


Here are some samples. I think they will all taste fine and will be eaten! Go Bucks!

No comments: