Thursday, November 7, 2013

Cheering Section

Do you have a mentor? Tell us about him or her. Are you a mentor to someone else? Tell us what that relationship has added to your life.

As a teacher I believe that your fellow teachers serve as your mentors and your support system as we navigate the changes in the education system and the problems that our students bring to school with them. At this point I do not count one person as my mentor, but many people depending on what my needs are at a given time.

I am a mentor to someone else this semester. She is a college student that is getting her first experiences in the classroom. I believe that it has added to my life an appreciation of where I have been and where I am now. Because of time constraints, I do not feel that I have been the best mentor this semester, but I have tried to impart as much knowledge as I possibly can.

No comments: